GivingTuesday was created in 2012 as a simple idea: a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past seven years, it has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
Whether it’s making someone smile, helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, or giving some of what we have to those who need our help, every act of generosity counts and everyone has something to give.
In an era of global crisis and disconnection, we need new rituals to connect us. As the world's largest giving movement, we believe we can go further, faster.
GivingTuesday strives to build a world in which the catalytic power of generosity is at the heart of the society we build together, unlocking dignity, opportunity and equity around the globe. We believe that generosity leads to greater civic participation and other pro-social behaviors.
Our mission is to build a more just and generous world.
- Asha Curran, Chief Executive Officer
- Ben Cippolini, Data
- Madelaine Diaz, Programs
- Cherisse Faith, Starling Regional Director, Asia Pacific
- Celeste Flores, Communities
- Jamie McDonald, Chief Strategy Officer
- Kathleen Murphy, Digital Strategy
- Catherine Mwendwa, Starling Regional Director, East Africa
- Dante Plush, Youth Engagement
- Estefanía Rodríguez, Starling Regional Director, Latin America + Europe
- Woodrow Rosenbaum, Chief Data Officer
- Brandon Salesberry, Finance
- Jessica Schneider, Chief Operations Officer
- Kait Sheridan, Global
- Caryn Stein, Chief Communications Officer
- Jerome Wright, Partnerships
- João Paulo Vergueiro, Starling Regional Director, Brazil
GivingTuesday was founded in 2012 by New York’s 92nd Street Y in partnership with the United Nations Foundation. In July 2019, GivingTuesday spun out into its own organization, led by GivingTuesday co-founder, Asha Curran, as its CEO.
- Laurence Belfer (CEO, Belfer Management LLC)
- Anita Gallagher (Director, InnovaSocial, GivingTuesday Mexico leader)
- Z.J. Jallah (GivingTuesday Liberia leader)
- Shijuade Kadree (Chief Advocacy Officer, The Center)
- Amanda Nguyen (Founder + CEO, Rise)
- Hilary Pennington (Executive Vice President for Program, Ford Foundation)
- Rob Reich (Faculty Co-Director, Stanford University Center for Philanthropy and Civil Society)
- Jonathan Soros (CEO, JS Capital Management LLC)
- Arielle Tepper (Founder + CEO, WhatShouldWeDo.com)
- Jeffrey C. Walker (Author, The Generosity Network)
- Asha Curran (Co-Founder + CEO, GivingTuesday)
Additional Generous Support From: