Two out of three donors want to give more to charity. So what is holding them back? Overcoming Barriers to Giving, based on a survey of more than 3,200 people who give, explores why donors aren't giving as much as they'd like and what might help them to give more. It also offers tools and strategies for donors at any level to give smartr.
- Donors want to increase the amount they give to charity. Two-thirds express a desire to give more to the causes they support.
- Most donors (95 percent) would give more under the right circumstances. However, a range of questions and concerns about their giving stand in the way.
- Seventy-two percent would give more if their financial situation permitted.
- Sixty-five percent would give more if they knew the impact of their donations.
- While other aspects of giving also affect donors and may influence their levels of giving, addressing donor concerns about charitable impact and financial planning have the greatest potential to influence the amount donors give overall.