The 2017 #MyGivingStory Winners
#MyGivingStory is a social media storytelling contest created to foster a public conversation about giving and to inspire more people to give. Throughout November 2017, 3,128 stories were shared about how and why people give to the causes they care about.
We were so inspired by your stories, which celebrated the many ways people give back. From volunteering to donating money to helping a neighbor, your stories demonstrated the many ways people can have an impact. Thank you for sharing how and why you give!
The public voted for their favorite stories and the top 30 were sent to a panel of judges to award the Grand Prizes:
1st Place, receiving a grant of $10,000:
2nd Place, receiving a grant of $5,000:
3rd Place, receiving a grant of $2,500:
This year's Mi Cuento de Dar prizes for Spanish essays goes to Erica Duncan and Wendy Molina. We'd also like to recognize our four "Most Popular Nonprofit" prize winners: Harley's Dream, The Advocacy Project, Live Arts Theatre, and Grass Roots Rescue. Congrats!
We encourage you to read the other 2017 finalists below or visit our online gallery to browse all of the stories submitted this past month!
We are so grateful for the support and advice from our 2017 judges:
- Terry Caldwell, 2016 #MyGivingStory First Place Prize Winner for her story, “Changing Afghanistan One Child At A Time”
- Alison Carlman, Director of Impact and Communications, GlobalGiving
- Ami Dar, Director, Idealist
- Celia Hoffman, Associate Director, The Goodman Center
- Shiju Kadree, Senior Director of Public Policy & Advocacy, The Center
- Beth Kanter, Master Trainer with Foundations and Nonprofits
- Jen Lee, Director/Producer, Jen Lee Productions
- Perla Ni, Founder and CEO, GreatNonprofits
- Minh-Thu Pham, Executive Director of Policy, United Nations Foundation
- Megan Silk, 2016 #MyGivingStory First Place Prize Winner for her story, “The Haitian Woman I’ll Never Forget”
- Madeline Stanionis, Principal and Creative Director, M+R
- Ashley Whillans, Assistant Professor, Harvard Business School
If you have questions or comments, please don't hesitate to reach out to email@example.com.